jueves, 26 de septiembre de 2013

Fiona Apple

Today I will write about one of my favorites musician; Fiona Apple. I meet her music when I was in the school, maybe at my 16. In that time I was living with my cousin, and she lend me a CD with a lot of music and the first album of Fiona Apple called 'Tidal'. Since the first time I listen to I become a big fan of her music. Fiona Apple's music is so powerful, her voice is so expresive of what she lives. In her first album, she have a few songs about what she live when she was a child, specially in two songs; 'Sullen girl' and 'The child is gone', this two songs refer to a incident that Fiona lived at 12, she was victim of rape outside her apartment. In 'Tridal' you can find an other great song called 'Sleep to dream', with this song she won 'best new artist' in the MTV Video Music Award in 1997. When Fiona go on stage to recieve her awar she said: 'This world is bullshit, and you shouldn't model your life on what we think is cool, and what we're wearing and what we're sayig". Fiona Apple has always been radical, she is vegan and she colaborated with PETA (People fot her Ethical Treatment of Animals).
I love Fiona Apple's music, her voice, her piano, and a lot of her videos.
Last year she suppose to came to latinamerica, and Chile to, but she canceled, because she preferd to stay in home to be with her dying dog. I was so angry, but she write a beatiful and emotional letter to all South America explaining the reasons of the cancel, she write: "I can't come to South America. Not now". I hope I can see her show I meet her.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario